Colour is a universal instrument of communication that can immediately influence our perceptions and state of mind.
Thanks to colour we can convey a sense of comfort, safety, creativity and wellbeing, which is why the choice of colour is essential in the hotel business.
Here are a few tips:
1. plan the colour scheme according to the environment’s function and relative mood: for example, muted, relaxing colours are preferable for hotel rooms, while vibrancy can be created in reception areas or entertainment rooms through the use of brighter, more radiant colours;
2. consider how colours will interact with the choice of style, materials and ambient lighting;
3. consider cultural differences; be aware of what different nuances will mean to guests from other parts of the world;
4. don’t be afraid to take risks: the delicate nuances of beige and brown can create a cosy, relaxing atmosphere but beware of monotony. Adding a third colour, such as a coral red, can create a more lively, warmer and more energetic combo;
5. purple can be both warm and cold, but so can other colours: paying attention to the shade is essential in order to make a harmonious, elegant choice.
To cater for these needs and many others, we extend the range of colours we offer from year to year to guarantee the widest possible choice.
Playing with colours means rediscovering your own uniqueness, originality and energy!